Blogger news

domenica 15 aprile 2012

THE 27TH ANNUAL ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME...

..took place in Cleveland, Ohio, early this morning.
Obviously for me, in Italy.
Right when I was listening to a fantastic tribute band, GET ON FUNK, of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, they were been inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that, for those who don't know, is the Olympus of musicians.
Among with them were inducted also the Gun's and Roses, abandoned by Axl Rose, and the Beastie Boys.
Congratulations to all of them.
But, the one band I badly love since I was 17 is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
It was an hot, hot, day of August when I decided to turn on the TV and I was zapping when, on MTV, I saw for guys in ugly conditions, riding a car and singing about they scars.
I fell in love with them immediatly. 
From that moment on they become my favourite band.
 I bought their records and I swam in their psychedelic sound and lyrics.
And now after 29 years of music, 10 records, ups and downs, tragedies, awards and a lot of scars they have been inducted in the Hall of Fame.
They survived to Hillel Slovak's dead, their incredible guitarist, and to years of drugs addiction.
But the gods of music were good with them and gifted them with two amazing musicians: Chad Smith, the drummer, and John Frusciante, their magic in-and-out guitarist.
Actually this band counts the most important and talented musicians of the word: Smith, Frusciante and the wildly rock bass player Flea.
And then they've got the most sexy front man ever. Probably one of the last true rocker.
I mean a man who lived and survived through drug, sex and rock'n roll: Anthony -fucking hot -Kiedis.
Anthony, thanks for all the sexy dreams I had with you.
I was watching a couple of videos about the ceremony, hosted by Chris Rock, just upload on you-tube, and I want to share this moment with you guys.
My only regret is that John was not with them and he did sooo much for this band, that I think in that moment they felt like orphans. 
First the press interview. I must say that: those journalist are fucking retarded.
And the questions are sooo stupid and dumb, that even the 4 years old Kiedis's boy, Everly Bear, would have questioned them better.


And now the stolen video of the Acceptance Speeches: here you'll see the former drummers of the band, and then Chad, Flea and Anthony speeches. Josh Klinghoffer, the new guitarist never spoke.
Probably he felt like a fish out of water.
The most touching moment is Fleas's speech.
Even Anthony spoke well, but he was not as genuine as Flea was.
Flea actually cried when he thanked his mother.
I must say he is a fucking great musician and man.



I love you guys.
I'm sooo proud of you, I've always believed in you.
I know you've got soo much to tell us, and I'll just wait.
I'm looking forward to see you at the Heineken Jammin Festival, the 5th July.
Remember: I'M WITH YOU, AND I'LL ALWAYS BEEN!!






0 commenti:

Posta un commento